Sunday, May 11, 2014

For the People Who Are Hard On Themselves

I was watching a video on happiness, and the lecturer was talking about how people have highs and lows. When we have just achieved, bought, or are inspired by something, we feel really happy and good about ourselves. However, as time goes on, we seem to forget about our previous achievements and long for more to achieve, buy, and feel inspired by.


While it is good for us to want to achieve more and feel more inspired, it is important that we remember what we have already achieved and the things that have previously moved us. 


Don't stop working hard and dreaming!!!

Dream.
Work Hard.
Just remember not to drive yourselves crazy.

I seem to never be satisfied. I am constantly pushing myself to do and be more. more, more. 

But . . . life is about working hard and playing hard. 
There are times to work and there are times to relax.

So . . .  


  1. Always keep your goals in mind, and ask yourself what you have done thus far to achieve them. Are you slacking? Do you work and relax equally?
  2. Don't drive yourself crazy. The way that I think about it is that I don't want to realize at the end of my life that I was just always pushing myself and never took the time to realize how far I had come, that I never took time to smell the roses
  3. Give yourself the time to feel proud of yourself and congratulate yourself on trying. Be tough but kind to yourself. 

Now go out and achieve your dreams, the big and small, current and future. 
Just make sure that you feel the pride from your hard work and remember how far you have already come.