Thursday, February 13, 2014

5 Ways to Make Your Life Easier

These are a couple of things that I have taken time to work on remembering. I feel that many people do these things simultaneously, but it is important to think about the fact that not doing these things can save you much time and stress . . .

1. Don't take everything personally- I was a super sensitive kid. When I say sensitive, I mean . . . I was a pain! I would get upset if somebody didn't look at me a certain way or would say something without smiling. A couple of things, however, made me realize why this was stupid.

    - People act based on how they feel about themselves.
      Mean and rude = insecure. Friendly and nice = has some self-esteem.
      It is not your problem, it's theirs . . .
      I can honestly say that I am less likely to smile at somebody who I make eye contact with or act  
      friendly, when I feel insecure about something or am upset about something personal. This goes for
      all people- except maybe for those of us who are strong enough to still be outgoing in the face of
      disappointment or the sort.

     - People normally don't think about their every action and every facial expression- just as sometimes
       you and I don't realize that we might have said or done something that is not necessarily "nice," the
       same goes for others. I had to realize that people aren't trying to hurt my feelings ( I know, its
       craycray that I would be so sensitive), I would just take it personally. Now that I am not as
       sensitive (I really had to work on the whole sensitivity issue though), I realize that most of the
       things that would have hurt my feelings then, I don't think even think about at all today.

2. You don't need to react to everything-  If you don't like something, then don't respond to it. It's so
     simple, but also hard to do. When we see or hear someone or something we don't like, we tend to
     complain and think about whatever it is that bothers us when really we should just allow it to be.
     Can you imagine how much easier life could be if you train yourself to simultaneously block out
     anything you don't want to see or hear? You would save yourself from so much time and stress.

3. Just be nice to people- if you think about it, it's so much easier to be nice to others than to be mean (even if you don't like somebody). Why?
          1. You feel good about being nice
          2. You won't make enemies
          3. If someone has a problem with you, then it's because they have a problem. You never did 
              anything to hurt their feelings. Their feelings had been hurt by someone or something else. 
              You don't need to worry or feel bad about something you didn't do. 
If you really can't stand somebody, then just simply don't be mean or nice to that person (#2- simply don't pay them any attention). 

4. Never kill yourself trying- If something is meant to be, then it will be. Just do what needs to be done and try your best. If you're doing everything in your power to achieve something and you're just not getting what you want, then all you can do is simply continue trying your best. Being the stubborn- if you mess with the bull, you get the horns- type of person, I have a hard time accepting the fact that I can't have or do everything I want. At a certain point in my life, however, I realized that I can't drive myself crazy. All I can do is everything in my power that can lead to my success. BUT, I thought to myself that if I stop pushing myself so hard, then I won't active anything. I concluded that life is about being happy and overcoming difficulties. So, I continue trying my best and working on myself, making sure that I enjoy every day, because in the end I don't want to remember my life being spent killing myself trying, but rather spent actually enjoying my life. 

5. Remember that it's ok to not always be perfect- Again, I'm more of the mess-with-the-bull-get-the-horns type of person. I hate taking no as an answer and not achieving something that I feel I work hard for. I used to be the type of person who would strive for perfection, but now know that it's ok to not always be perfect because humans are simply not meant to be perfect all the time. Again, life is about learning and working on yourself. It's not healthy to put so much pressure on yourself. Just try your best and keep working on yourself. 

No comments: